Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Our Anniversary! + Mini Recap

Why do my pics lately look like I have no teeth?




We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary on Monday, January 14th. We had such a nice relaxing day. We took an overnight trip to my parents timeshare in Capistrano Beach and G made reservations at The Chart House in Dana Point. It was so good. I had the coconut encrusted Mahi-Mahi. We dined by the window so we had a view of the harbor and the sparkling night lights as we ate. As soon as we stepped in the door we were greeted with Happy Anniversary by the hostess and she handed us commemorative menus that said the same with our date. The waitress even greeted us with it. I guess a little birdie told them :). I would like to go again and try the Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. I saw someone order it and it looks delicious.

Sorry Oprah these are for us!


The next day we stopped to get my ring cleaned. It is now back to its former blinding glory minus all of the hand washings and whatever else it had to endure on the hand of moi. We also made it to Sprinkles. A few months ago we had an ill fated trip to the one in Beverly Hills. The line to that one was literally out the door and down the sidewalk. This time we stopped at the one in Newport Beach which was surprisingly line free. You can't really stop there and get 1 cupcake especially after all the drama surrounding it so we got the 4 pack-the famous red velvet, peanut butter chip, milk chocolate and vanilla. We decided to cut them in 1/2 so that we could try all the flavors. Cheers to sharing!





**Disney Update**
It's a bug's life!


We did make it to Disney last Thursday and we had a blast. Since it was a random Thursday in January we didn't have to stand around waiting in long lines. The longest wait we had was maybe 15-20 minutes for Star Wars but we flew through the lines of everything else. We were going to eat inside Pirates until we saw the $$$ so we ate at a Cafe in New Orleans instead. It was nice b/c a band even began to play outside on a stage in the seating area. I'm definitely glad we got to squeeze in a trip this month.

3 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

congrats again.
It seems like you guys had a great time.
The cupcakes look great, I need to try those already!

Hooray for finally getting to Disneyland!

Brandy said...

I love The Bugs Life. I always jump during the bee scene. :/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fab weekend!!! Congrats on the one year!! (Sorry, I know I'm late, I just found your blog!!)