Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Breakfast for dinner?


Okay, today I was tired. Too tired to throw a meal together that I am not familiar with. I decided to go with what I know. Breakfast! This weekend I made spinach omelets for breakfast and the hubs loved them so I decided to go with omelets part II. I served them with hash browns, turkey bacon, and waffles (frozen ones). It's quick, easy and delicious. The photo makes it looks like there is tons of spinach but really it isn't all that bad. You could add a little less spinach if it's not your taste. We both agreed it might be a good meal for St. Patrick's Day!

Breakfast/Dinner Spinach Omelet for 2

3 Eggs
1 tbs milk
1 cup frozen spinach
1 shake pepper
pinch salt
2 tbs Gorgonzola Crumbled Cheese
Non Stick-cooking spray or butter to coat the pan

Directions-
Place spinach in microwave save bowl and microwave for 30 seconds , set aside. Whip eggs, salt, and milk with a fork or whisk until blended. Place skillet over low heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place egg mixture in skillet. Use spatula and check for bottom of egg mixture to set. You can tell if it is set because the egg will no longer be liquid. Place spinach and cheese mixture on top of egg. After 1-2 minutes fold omelet with spatula. Flip omelet over with spatula to ensure all sides are fully cooked. Use spatula to transfer omelet to a plate. Cut omelet in 1/2.



1 comment:

Angie Eats Peace said...

That looks pretty good!
The hubby loves breakfast, I have to try this one.