Monday, November 12, 2007

Fall is the perfect time for.....



Banana Bread!


Ok, so I had a craving for something sweet and baked. I secretly love any excuse to use my KA mixer so I was prepared to make a boxed yellow cake mix that I had. I took out all the ingredients and was preparing to open the box when I spied some extremely ripe bananas on my counter. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make banana bread.

This was actually my first foray into the homemade banana bread world but it turned out delicious. My husband and I couldn't stop eating it. I took a picture to show you. A few slices are missing ;). It came out so golden and moist I will definitely be making it again. I got the recipe from foodnetwork.com. The only modifications I made were to use 2 medium size bananas and 1 and 1/2 small bananas, 1 stick of Imperial Vegetable oil spread instead of the unsalted butter and all purpose flour. Enjoy!

Source:
Banana Bread
c.1996, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger Foodnetwork.com

1 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature (I used 1 stick Imperial Vegetable Oil Spread)
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
omit these if using self rising flour:
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.

Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.

Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.

*I just spread a little olive oil butter on my slice*


3 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

I am so excited that you made a blog!
That banana bread looks yummy!
~Angelina (Mrs.Landeros)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the slice of Banana Bread! It did taste good and it was very moist.

Brandy said...

welcome to the blog world :)