Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Weekend Cometh

I just wanted to say that I hope everyone has a great weekend. Next week is going to be pretty hectic with that turkey holiday coming and all. Am I the only one that is intimidated by this holiday? I can't even put in to words what is so intimidating to me about it (yes, I know this is a blog).

We have been invited to my in-laws and my parents are also going so it should be fun. Since it is the first married Thanksgiving for the hubs and I , I decided that I would still cook. It's not going to be a full blown out affair but we will have a few of the essentials--cranberry sauce, rolls etc. I thought it would be nice to still have our own "private" holiday meal together and the leftovers are pretty cool too. Although I am just cooking for two I am still freakin' out about it. Luckily today my mom and I hit up the grocery store together so I could steal--I mean use some of her ideas.

1 comment:

Angie Eats Peace said...

I guess I would be intimidated, if I was actually cooking.
We are going out of town to the in-laws' house, so it's not like I can really take anything that can sit in the car for 4 hours.

I am sure everything will turnpout great though!